Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bratz Dolls

When I was a little girl, I swore to myself I would have a wardrobe as awesome as my best friend's bratz collection when I was a "grown up". I thought bratz dolls had THE cutest outfits. Even over Barbie. The other day I saw a little girl playing with a doll that looked like bratz, (it may or may not have actually been one, I have no idea if they even make them anymore... ) and it reminded me of my fashion obsession when I was a little girl. So I pulled out my laptop and googled "bratz dolls" and looked through some pictures. Surprisingly, I still think their style is pretty cute and got the idea that I should use some of their outfits as style inspiration, fulfilling my childhood dream! Here are some of the pictures and outfits I came up with. Enjoy! :)

Bratz wear a lot of mini skirts, tights, and knee high boots. (which are super in style right now!) So In order to copy their style, these three items are a must. I mostly chose winter related pictures since that is the season we are heading for, which means lots of sweater vests, sweaters, and furry jackets in bratz language! Bratz dolls are also very preppy, so most of the clothing items I chose were from Abercrombie, Hollister, and American Eagle. It might also have something to do with the fact that I work at Abercrombie... But their stuff is super cute so whatever. Haha! Here are some outfit ideas:

As you can see, I tried to stick to the same color pallet as the dolls with many different shades of pink, but I made it a little more wearable by adding deep burgundy and navy blue and swapping out baby blues for soft grays. Still cute and youthful, just a little more mature. I love how you can really get fashion inspiration from anywhere, even your favorite toys as a child. Hope this post was interesting and inspires you to have as much fun getting dressed in the morning as it was for you to play with your barbies (or bratz dolls) growing up! :)

-Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment